February 5, 2008

Retro Funk

Today we all woke up not feeling well, so I decided to call the pedi and get the boys in. Both of them have sinus infections and are now on antibiotics. Roger and I are dealing with the same stuff. I think it's due to this very odd weather. On Friday we got 10 inches of snow, on Sunday another 2. Today it is nearly all gone! Tomorrow we hopefully will miss the big part of the storm, but Northern IL is supposed to get another 10 - 12 inches. Yesterday it was in the lower 50's by dinner time. I don't get it. Roger stayed home and I didn't get much stamping done, but took a few moments while Evan napped and Roger and Colin picked up the medicine at the pharmacy.


Both of these cards were made for the Color Combination Challenge on SCS. The colors are Ballet Blue, Real Red and Apricot Appeal. The first card was inspired by a layout I saw in a Paper Crafts magazine ad. They had used Designer series paper and I made my own since I didn't have any to match the color theme.


I promise to catch up on all of my comments as soon as I'm feeling a little better. I am so far behind with visiting sites and reading posts in Google Reader. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to return the favor soon.


Jenn
Card 1:

Stamps: Spring Solitude Hostess Bundle, Enjoy Every Moment
Paper: Ballet Blue, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Basic Gray, Ballet Blue, Apricot Appeal, Real Red, Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue
Accessories: dimensionals, paper piercer, mat pack, vintage brads, 1/16" hole punch, AquaPainter
Techniques: rock and roll
Card 2:

Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment, It's Beautiful
Paper: Ballet Blue, Apricot Appeal, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Ballet Blue, Apricot Appeal, Real Red
Accessories: crafter's tool kit, brocade blue 5/8" grosgrain, pretties kit, round tab punch, silver brad, mini glue dots, dimensionals. ticket corner punch

6 comments:

beate said...

Jenn, I hope your hole family is feeling better soon!
I can't believe you made two gorgeous cards with this color combo. I struggled to make one card that I could post!
You rock! Hugs and smiles

Flossie's Follies said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon, these cards are great, what a wonderful color combo.

Linsey said...

Well, how sweet of you to share these wonderful creations with us, despite your *issues*--lol! You made these while the boys were away and while feeling crummy--wow! I want to be this good! Great work, feel better soon, the lot of ya!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Oh My....how cute are these!!! Too much talent for one stamper!!!

Tina said...

Gorgeous cards. Hope you feel better soon....maybe you're the one who gave it to me!! LOL it's rough stuff, but at least you'll be under meds soon.

Michelle said...

What pretty cards! I love the layout of the first card, and the very pretty colours!