February 2, 2008

One of a Kind Blooms

I'm going to be a woman of few words today. I feel like I have been awake for weeks, although Roger and the kids let me sleep in until 9 am this morning and I took a 2 1/2 hour nap this afternoon. I feel like I am fighting off a cold that hit suddenly, but I feel much better now that I have gotten a ton of rest. I'm sure that going to bed early tonight will be just what I need. I'm one of those people who can sleep 24 hours straight when I feel like I'm getting sick and I'll be back to 100% the next day. I better be as I am teaching a class bright and early tomorrow. This is one of the cards we will be making. I used my new Pretty Petals background stamp and accented the Build a Brad with a Eastern Elegance Rub On. The Taken with Teal designer series paper strip is from Bali Breeze. To highlight my flowers I used a Regal Rose marker and dipped it in Rose Red re-inker. It then gave me more dimension to my flowers. I love that marker technique and I hope everyone tomorrow will love it too. I'll post a recipe for the card later. Now I am just relaxing. We did get to play outside today in the snow.

7 comments:

JenMarie said...

LOVE this, so beautiful!!!

Tina said...

So elegant and beautiful. What a great layout.

Laura said...

Beautiful Jen...wonderful mix of stamps and colours!

Lovetostamp6 said...

Sweet card Jenn, Hope you are feeling better. Jennifer :)

Shannon McGann said...

Beautiful card - I love all those bright colours together. I hope you're feeling better soon! :)

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

So pretty! Hope you feel better soon!

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh, so pretty! Love the different strips and colors and greeting and round accent! Hope the class goes well, they will love it!