February 11, 2008

My Handsome Friend

When I first started the Technique Challenge today I didn't think I would go through with it. Faith was the guest host and showed us a Spray, Ink and Smoosh Technique to make background paper. Seeing the entire sheet of Glossy White card stock didn't do much for me. After it was cut out and layered I was in love. I think it looks like a serene body of water. I LOVE this card!

To start I sprayed a fine mist of water on Glossy White card stock, dropped a few drops of Handsome Hunter and then some Sage Shadow. I got the Dynamic Duo from my Color Wheel. I wanted to use colors that I don't normally reach for, and while I can go through a ton of Sage Shadow, Handsome Hunter is not something I often use. The base of my card is a 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 piece of Confetti White card stock. I also used Going Gray along with the Handsome Hunter and Sage Shadow.

The sketch is one of Julee's and is Mojo Monday Sketch 13. I wanted to keep it simple to show off my lovely patterned paper.

Jenn

9 comments:

Tina said...

Awesome paper, sounds pretty easy for an outstanding effect. Looks fantastic!!

stampinsilvia said...

Ohhh this is super cute! I tried to look at it on SCS but it wouldn't come up, so I followed the link to your blog! Love the colors you used and I am starting to think I need this sentiment set! Super job! Ohhh Love your envelope book too BTW!

Flossie's Follies said...

This is so pretty, love that sentiment and your colors are wonderful.

My Paper World said...

It's really beautiful Jenn!

Janine said...

This is gorgeous. I need to try this technique soon.

beate said...

Wow! Jenn, I love it!!! Your background turned out wonderful!

Hugs and smiles

Doris said...

Love the way this one turned out--so serene. You were smart to keep it simple--nice clean lines to it.

Diane said...

I absolutely love it,gorgeous card!

Loretta Rodger said...

You've been tagged,

go check out the rules on my blog!

Loretta
www.msrhetta.blogspot.com

great work by the way!