February 4, 2008

Fortune Favor

Colin, Evan and I are all home today. We all still have some sort of small annoying cold, but I didn't think it was bad enough to keep Colin home from school. I attempted to take him there, but when the stop lights were out, there was accident after accident, semi's were pulled over to the side of the road and visibility was only about 5 feet in front of our car I turned around and went back home. I think safety is more important than driving a 4 1/2 year old 5 miles to school in those conditions. So we are downstairs playing GeoTrax and I took a few minutes to put this together for Try a New Technique Challenge on SCS.

I think that these would make adorable party favors for a preschool Valentine's Day party. I may just have to make a few more. I felt like I was back in grade school making this. We used to make these all of the time. Mine wasn't standing as tall as I wanted it to after I put the candy in, so I took out the candy and used my 1/16" hole punch to punch a small hole in two opposite points. I then used hemp twine to pull it nice and tight and it stands perfectly now.

In the center I cut a hole and put a Valentine's Day pencil in. I decorated the top with a scallop punch, and stuck it to the pencil with pop up glue dots. I then added the little mouse from Happy Heart Day. The base is a 8 1/2" square of Chocolate chip and the Berry Bliss paper was cut into 1 3/4" squares and then in half again to decorate the points.

It looks like sleet and rain are headed our way today and another snow storm is due tomorrow night. This certainly has been a wierd winter. Last night I found out that while we were driving in white out conditions that 2 inches fell in 1 hour. That is a lot of snow at once.

Jenn


Stamps: Happy Heart Day
Paper: Chocolate chip, Berry Bliss, Whisper White, Regal Rose
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Purely Pomegranate, Pretty in pink, Blue Bayou
Accessories: AquaPainter, scallop punch, 1/16" hole punch, hemp twine

3 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This is adorable, love looking at these great little centerpieces. Stay dry and warm.

Tina said...

Really cute. What a great little project for school.

My Paper World said...

Cute, cute project!