February 6, 2008

Celebrate Today

Wow, what a difference a day and a little bit of meds makes. We are all doing much better. Thanks for the well wishes. I appreciate all of them. I am feeling so good that I even got a card done this morning. I think I may get a lot of stamping done if the weather continues it's course. We are looking at 5 - 7 inches of snow today and right now it sounds like freezing rain is hitting the side of the house.

I made this card for today's Sketch Challenge. I am using up scraps of Ginger Blossom paper before I dive into my 2nd package of it. This card just fell into place and I love when that happens. I did use a wide variety of stamps and I'll list those in the card recipe.

I really love how you can make such vibrant flowers and how easy they are with the Sale-a-Bration set So Many Scallops. I simply inked this one up in Groovy Guava, rocked and rolled it in Rose Red ink and punched it out with my Scallop Punch. I then punced the center with the 1" circle punch and So Saffron ink. A few polka dots curteousy of the Three for You punch box and a little sponging with So Saffron ink and I was set. The stemp is from Garden Whimsy and is stamped off once in Old Olive ink. I set the flower and center of it up on dimensionals.

Stay warm today!

Jenn


Stamps: So Many Scallops, Garden Whimsy, Celebrate Everything, Three for You Punch Box
Paper: Groovy Guava, Rose Red, Whisper White, So Saffron, Ginger Blossom dsp
Ink: Groovy Guava, Rose Red, Old Olive, So Saffron
Accessories: Sherbet Ribbon Originals, 1/16" hole punch, silver brads, 3/16" corner rounder, 1" circle punch, dimensionals
Techniques: rock and roll

7 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Love the paper this card is so pretty.

My Paper World said...

Jenn, you are amazing! I LOVE EVERY single one of your creations!

Mistylynn said...

Great, great, great CARD! I'm thinking of getting the scallops set as my freebie because of it's versatility. I love the guava witht the rose red! I'm glad you're feeling better, I know what you mean about not even wanting to get off the couch...smile.
Misty

Tina said...

Awesome card. I just love those colors and that paper.

~melissa said...

Hi Jenn, great card!! I love the colors. They are not ones I would normally pick, I should try them, uh. I have ordered So Many Scallops, it comes in today. I can't wait to play. Whooo, that rhymed!! LOL! Anyway, I got to play with Big Blossom. You can check it out on my blog if you like. www.melissaperry.blogspot.com
Have a warm day.

Mary Fish said...

Absolutely Gawjuss! I have got to try layering other stamps over or under my sentiments . . . I love the look and keep forgetting to give it a try.

M

LeAnne said...

Great use of that rock n roll technique, I'm gonna have to give that a try with this set!