January 29, 2008

YoYo Yellow?

I didn't expect today's Color Combination to be such a challenge. What did we get to work with? YoYo Yellow, Basic Gray and Going Gray. I decided to just pick a sketch and go with it. I was complaining that the sun wasn't shining today wasn't I? Now I have enough sun on my table to keep me going for a while.

I tried to balance the brightness of the yellow with both of the gray colors. This is definitely not a combination I'll be rushing to use time and time again.

Jenn


Stamps: Artfully Asian, Absolutely Fabulous, So Swirly Jumbo Wheel
Paper: Basic Gray, Going Gray, YoYo Yellow, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, YoYo Yellow, Old Olive
Accessories: Blender Pen, 1/16" hole punch, vintage brads, dimensionals, key tag punch, designer label punch, 1" circle punch, horizontal slot punch, basic gray taffeta ribbon, wheel guide

4 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is lovely, like the yellow with the two grays.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Wow...I so love this...As always your work is terrific!!!

Amy G. said...

Wow...what a challenge! I don't think I would have attempted that color challenge. ;) You rocked it though...looks great!

Tina said...

Very pretty. I think the punch of yellow is a little bit of sunshine.