January 8, 2008

Wild Embrace


Nature sure took a wild hold on life last night. I sure hope everyone who lives in far Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin made it through the storms okay. The warm weather was followed by thunderstorms and tornadoes and my heart goes out to everyone in Wheatfield that lost a house last night. We fared pretty well. There was a lot of flooding around town, but we were not personally affected by it.

I had a chance to sit down and try out the Color Combination today and I started out thinking I'd be unhappy with any outcome. The colors chosen were Wild Wasabi, Barely Banana and Blue Bayou. I was wrong. I love my card! I think I'm going to make a few more to have on hand. The layout is fairly simple and I masked the main image to set the blossoms behind it. I used my horizontal slot punch to allow me to weave the ribbon behind the image before tying it and the larger Word Window surround is hand cut.


Stamps: Embrace Life
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Barely Banana, Blue Bayou, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Barely Banana, Rose Red
Accessories: crafter's tool kit, photo corner punch, ticket corner punch, horizontal slot punch, wild wasabi double stitched ribbon, word window punch, dimensionals, blender pens

11 comments:

mudmaven said...

So happy to hear you are safe and sound! Your card is gorgeous. TFS ~chris

Toni said...

Beautiful card! I just ordered this set and can hardly wait to get it!

beate said...

WOW! Jenn, this is beautiful! I LOVE what you did with this set!
I am glad you got through the storm safely!
Hugs and smiles

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is beautiful, so glad to hear that you made out OK with the storms, the weather has been so crazy lately.

Michelle said...

Great card, very soft & subtle. I just love this set!

Amy G. said...

Beautiful card and the masking looks amazing!

Angie Tieman said...

Beautiful card!! Love the layering look with the masking! I'm always too lazy to do that! The color challenges are so good at making us try new combos, I like that. Glad you didn't have too much damage from the storm...I saw some scary pictures!

Tina said...

Gorgeous card as usual.
Glad you fared through the storms unscathed. We had strong winds and a few trees were down this morning.

Mistylynn said...

Yes, it was really scary to hear about that. A lot of my family still lives in Illinois and Minnesota. Glad you're all right.
Your card is very pretty. You've balanced the colors perfectly.
Misty

Tara said...

gorgeous card...I love the layout too!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh so soft and pretty! Love the overall design of this.