January 3, 2008

Tweetheart Purse

This afternoon I was browsing the SCS Gallery and came across this purse by Jami. I just knew I had to try one out for myself. What's better is that my newest C.C. Designs stamp set that will be released tonight at Midnight came in the mail today. I knew I had a few lunch sacks sitting around that I had bought for an event and then didn't end up needing them, or I had forgotten to take them.

I cut my bag down to 3" in height and then cut my Chocolate Chip cardstock 1/4" larger than my bag measurements. I layered it with some designer paper by Basic Grey from the Infuse line. I have been hoarding this paper forever. I then added the Round tab punches, outlined them with a white gel pen to add stitching and then used my horizontal slot punch to clip a notch out of the top of them. The 1/4" Whisper White grosgrain is inserted into the tab punch and to secure it I stapled it to the back layer. You can't see the staple because it is sandwiched in between the bag and the Chocolate Chip layer of cardstock.

I colored my bird image in with Copic Markers that match the Stampin' Up! In colors and blended them with the colorless blender pen. These can also be found at All That Scraps. I think that these would make adorable Valentine's Day purses with a few York Peppermint patties in there that have been decorated with the Scallop punch. I have many ideas running through my head for my stamp camp on Sunday. I have to decide just what projects I want to use this month.

11 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Wow, this is fantastic, love the paper you used and those birds are so cute.

Jennifer Ofiana said...

so cute!!!

Tara said...

super cute!!

MJ said...

Love these birds.

Tina said...

This is the cutest thing ever. Really cute!

Mistylynn said...

HElllooooo! This is so stinkin' cute! I love the image, the paper, the idea. Great take!
Misty

Mistylynn said...

HElllooooo! This is so stinkin' cute! I love the image, the paper, the idea. Great take!
Misty

Beate said...

Jenn, that is absolutely adorable!

Karen said...

Great card Jenn! For as much as we use TP, I've never thought to stamp on it, ha! Hey, I have a question about your table top cutter. Do you like the SU cutter? Can you cut multiple papers without them sliding around? I've been looking for a better cutter and don't want to spend the moolah if it's not what I'm looking for. Thoughts??

Heather P. said...

Jenn, I absolutely LOVE this!

My Paper World said...

Ooooooh! I love this! It's beautful!