January 23, 2008

Total Lapse in Brain Activity



Last night I had a total lapse in brain activity. I looked up the color challenge, was browsing through Google reader, helping Colin with his 100 days of school project and working on dinner. I was multi-tasking to the extreme and I was so proud that I had gotten so much done.


While browsing through Google reader I saw Simone's post about setting your custom White balance and I have always wanted to try it out. I get the kids upstairs, follow the steps and I can't get it to accept my photo. I think I have some more research to do on that subject. I educated Roger on what he needed to do with the oven when the timer went off, how much time to set on the veggies in the microwave and what to do when the rice cooker popped. I figured I could have at least gotten the card uploaded to SCS and ready to post tomorrow here.


It didn't hit me until I was typing in the accessories that I left an entire layer off of my card. D'oh! I figured I'd post it anyway and show that I make mistakes in my stamping hobby too.


We ate dinner, cleaned up and I added the layer that was sitting finished next to my grid paper, the scalloped sentiment layer. Now my card is complete and I am happy. I even made 2! I just love these little Love Birds from C.C Designs Love Ya Much set.


The sketch I used is Julee's from Mojo Monday 21, and you can find the sketch here.


Jenn



Stamps: Love Ya Much by C.C. Designs, Fundamental Phrases (To My) by SU!
Paper: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Real Red, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Slit Punch, Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon, 1/16" hole punch, vintage brads, AquaPainter , scallop and 1 3/8" circle punches


6 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

this card is great, I really like it without the sentiment, so much for multi tasking.

Tina said...

So pretty with or without the sentiment layer.

My Paper World said...

It's pretty both ways! and very, very cute!

Mistylynn said...

Momhood is multitasking. I too adore these little birdies. They're so cute together. I really like this color combo, gonna have to give it a whirl.
Misty

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this...Super Adorable!!! Always look forward to your creation's. (((Hugs)))

Lori said...

What a totally adorable valentine! I love it, and it's a wonderful card for the color challenge.