January 1, 2008

To an Unforgettable 2008!

As I finally get around to using the computer today I realized that the older I get the harder it is to recover from staying up two nights in a row past midnight. I'm exhausted! While the rehearsal dinner and wedding were lots of fun and I got to meet up with old friends as well as new, the mom instinct still kicks in and I have problems sleeping soundly past 7 a.m. as I listen for my kids to wake up. I found out that this happens even when I'm not at home and the kids are safely waking my parents up before the crack of dawn instead. I am so happy that we decided to spend the night in Tinley Park instead of driving home. We started our drive around noon today to give them plenty of time to catch up on all of the snow that fell last night and the amount of cars in the ditch along the side of the road was unnerving. It's still snowing by the bucket load and I'm glad to be inside with no place to go until Thursday when Colin heads back to school.

Here is to an Unforgettable 2008 for all of us! I hope you achieve all you set out to do and that this is the start of an unforgettable year.

Jenn


Stamps: Happy Heart Day
Paper: River Rock textured, Cameo Coral, Rose Red, Whisper White, Ginger Blossom dsp
Ink: Basic Gray, Regal Rose, Always Artichoke, Going Gray
Accessories: Sherbet Ribbon Originals, Crop-a-dile, Silver eyelets, AquaPainter

7 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Super cute card! Love the watercoloring and how you did the ribbon and eyelets! Also glad you arrived home safely, those driving conditions can be so hairy!

Flossie's Follies said...

Glad to hear you are home safe and sound, what an adorable card.

Shel9999 said...

Very cute card! Happy New Year, Jenn!

Tina said...

So pretty. The ribbon is scrumptious.

chelemom said...

Love this card! Tinley Park? I live in Evergreen Park. Hi ya fellow south sider!

My Paper World said...

Awwww! so cute and your colouring is great! Happy 2008!

Heather P. said...

Such a lovely card! Great colors!!