January 15, 2008

Soft Sunflower


Two things inspired me when making this card. One was Beate's layout, that you can find here. The other was a bag I saw in a magazine. I often clip pictures with colors that inspire me. This particular purse had Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery and Pumpkin Pie in the color scheme.

To make this card I started with a 4 1/4 X 8 1/2 piece of Soft Sky cardstock. I then layered Chocolate Chip and Certainly Celery that I stamped with the Polka Dot background stamp. To make the scallops I punched out a 1 3/8" circle in a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock. Around that hole I punched out a Scallop circle. I clipped the circle and molded it so that it would be in a straight line. The rest of the card is fairly straight forward. I really like this color combination. I think I may have to write it down as a keeper.

Jenn

Stamps: Merci
Paper: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Soft Sky
Accessories: Scallop Punch, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punch, 1/16" hole punch, vintage brad, AquaPainter, Theater Ribbon Originals,

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh how cute! I will have that set on Thursday! Can't wait

Flossie's Follies said...

This is so pretty, love that stamp.

Amy G. said...

Very pretty! Love these little square cards!

Tina said...

Very pretty! The scallops on the edge of the panel are a nice detail.