January 24, 2008

Single Embrace

This card was made for yesterday's sketch challenge. It is one of my favorite cards in a long time. I started with a piece of River Rock cardstock. I layered it with Whisper White that I used my 3/16" corner punch to add the scalloped border to. After I figured out where it was going to fit on the card front I stamped the little dotted image from One of a Kind in River Rock right over the panel. It may be hard to see in the photograph. I then layered a piece of Ginger Blossom designer series paper on top of the Whisper White layer.

To do the image panels I first cut them out and placed them right next to each other on my grid paper. I then stamped the Embrace Life image three times letting them overlap from each panel. In hindsight you can't really tell with the sentiment layer on top of them. I watercolored them in with Groovy Guava, a touch of Rose Red and Old Olive ink. The sentiment layer is matted on Basic Gray cardstock. I added the flowers from the One of a Kind stamp after I had punched them out with the Boho Blossom Punch. I added a brad to the center of each flower and they sit up on dimensionals.

I am going to be featuring this card in my classes next month. I hope everyone really likes creating one for themselves.

Jenn

Stamps: One of a Kind, Embrace Life
Paper: River Rock, Whisper White, Ginger Blossom dsp, Rose Red, Basic Gray
Ink: Basic Gray, River Rock, Groovy Guava, Old Olive, Rose Red
Accessories: Boho Flower Punch, 3/16" corner rounder, dimensionals, vintage brads, 1/16" hole punch
Techniques: watercoloring

13 comments:

corinnesomerville said...

WOWZA !!! This is gorgeous !!! I love this sooooo much !!! Way to go, kiddo :)

Have a good one.
Corinne (aka roxy)

Flossie's Follies said...

This is so pretty, such a great sketch and your card is awesome, so elegant.

Mary Fish said...

This one leaps off the page. Beautiful job!

Mary

Tina said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

emily said...

this is gorgeous jenn...seriously, very beautiful! i may have to CASE...

My Paper World said...

It's so pretty!

Tracy said...

Jenn, this is so elegant, I love it!!

Karen said...

This looks amazing Jenn! So elegant, great job.

Michelle said...

Saweeet!

Amy G. said...

This is sooo pretty!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card.
JoAnn B.

Mary Fish said...

Artful layout and design. Beautiful work.

Michelle said...

Very very pretty Jenn!