January 29, 2008

One of a Kind Dahlia

I'm still working on my scrap paper pile and went straight to it when I started on yesterday's Technique Challenge. I can comprehend messing up scrap paper more than I can my cherished Designer series paper packages. Speaking of tomorrow I am getting a brand new package of Berry Bliss! I am so excited. The directions for this fold can be found here.

I love the Dahlia and I am certainly going to try this again, but with different paper. My circles were punched out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and that makes a fairly good sized Dahlia. I just wish that the colors on this card were a little more vibrant. Maybe it's just the lack of sunlight over the last two days.

Today is such a dreary day. It is relatively warm, but there is no sun shining and the fog is thick and oppressive. I feel like crawling back into bed. It would be particularly nice since it actually hurts to breathe today. I did a new workout yesterday and I have never done abdominal work with resistance bands attached. It wasn't too bad during the workout or yesterday but I woke up nice and sore today. Hopefully when I go downstairs to stamp and turn my sunlight lamps on it will be a bit more cheery in the house.

On a side note, if you are attending my class this Sunday there has been a little change in the class projects. It has just come to my attention that One of a Kind has been temporarily discontinued to deal with a punch alignment issue. I'm very glad that Stampin' Up! stands behind their product and listens to concerns and issues with them, but I don't want to base an entire class on a stamp set that I can't sell to you that day. Therefore, we will switch to using Embrace Life instead. I'll save my One of a Kind for next month. We will still learn the Faux Silk technique though.

Stamps: One of a Kind
Paper: Soft Sky, Always Artichoke, Wintergreen
Ink: Always Artichoke
Accessories: Certainly Celery 5/8" grosgrain, Ice Rhinestone brad, 1 3/8" circle punch
Techniques: dalhia fold

3 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

this is so pretty, love the folding.

Tina said...

Gorgeous! I must try this fold.

Angie Tieman said...

Gorgeous card! The question is...am I brave enough to attempt it?! I'm going to a crop Saturday night, maybe I'll take the directions with me. Thanks for the inspiration!