January 28, 2008

I need new goals!

This year I set two main goals that I wanted to accomplish. One was getting a card onto Stampin' Up!'s Stamper's Showcase. That happened a few days after the new year started. My second goal was to get something published in a magazine. I was completely shocked when two of my cards got picked up for Paper Crafts Holiday specia,.that will be out in October 2008. I am basically out of goals. So this weekend I sat down and started on Christmas cards. I plan to make 10 of one design each month. I completely CASE'd the Stampin' Up! catalog when I fell in love with the Peaceful Wishes card. I'll post them when I finish. Instead I'll share the first Polished Stone card I ever made.

This was made for the January VSN. I was surprised at what an easy technique this was. I didn't have any metallic re-inkers so I just opted to use Apricot Appeal and Rose Red re-inkers. I thought my pattern was a little busy so I stamped my flower from Time Well Spent onto it and then cut it out. The rest of the card came together nice and quickly which is exactly what you want it to do when you face a 45 minute time limit.

Then this weekend I found out that this card has been picked to be Girls Night Out Honors gallery. What a great way to be recognized by your stamping peers. I hope the rest of this year turns out to be as good as the first month has been. I hope you all find as much success in your stamping goals this year as well.

Jenn


Stamps: Time Well Spent
Paper: Basic Black, Apricot Appeal, Bali Breeze dsp, Sage Shadow, Glossy White
Ink: Apricot Appeal, Rose Red, Basic Gray
Accessories: 1/16" hole punch, vintage brads, basic black grosgrain, black gingham ribbon, mini glue dots, dimensional, white gel pen
Techniques: polished stone

8 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This is so pretty, love the red and gold combo

Mistylynn said...

Yup, amazing colors, and love the lo of the card. Congrats on all your successes! You're awesome. Take care.
Misty

Amy G. said...

This card is gorgeous!!! I LOVE black as an accent color. Congrats...the recognition is well deserved. Did I hear you say Cmas cards??? ;)

My Paper World said...

Wow! Your year is starting out great! Congratulations, you deserve it, your creations are beautiful!xx

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Wow...this is Amazing!! Love your creation's.

Lastel said...

Beautiful card !

Tina said...

Wow, congratulations on all these fantastic achievements. Good for you!!

The card is especially delicious.

SpAzzGiRL said...

Xmas cards in January??..WOW!
You are REALLY on top of things lady, 2 goals before February and holiday cards, seriously WOW!
This card is gorgeous and if you need more goals you can have a couple of mine. LOL