January 27, 2008

Hoppy Birthday!

Yesterday we attended a birthday party for my cousin's daughter, who just turned 4. I wanted to make a card she would enjoy and when I saw Beate's Inspiration Challenge I knew just what to do. I just had to have the Unfrogettable stamp set and it doesn't see much ink. I used it for a Boy Scout event last year and I don't think I've used it since. This is card is very bright and outside of my comfort zone. I don't often use Bold Brights and I pulled two out for this card - Green Galore and Real Red. Plus I used all of the Bold Bright green hues for my watercoloring. I used Julie's No Copics, No problem technique with my watercolor paper and I'm still learning the ins and outs of it.

I also wanted to remind you that there are only a few days left in the Valentine's Day bundle from Stampin' Up!, as we head into Sale-a-Bration starting on February 1st.

Today it's supposed to be close to 40 degrees outside, and after the past week of being -5 it feels like a heat wave. I'm sure that we'll be outside playing in the snow for a bit. I also started working on my Artisan Award entries. I am so nervous about them and I don't want to be working on them at the last minute. I'm sure I'm going to have plenty of rejects to show to you though.

Have a happy Sunday!

Jenn


Stamps: Unfrogettable , Lily Pad wheel
Paper: Green Galore, Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Real Red, Watercolor, Very Vanilla
Ink: Jetblack stazon, Stampin' Write Markers in Green Galore, Glorius Green, Gable Green, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink Regal Rose, Sage Shadow
Accessories: slit punch, 1/16" hole punch, red gingham ribbon, 1 3/8" circle and scallop punches, dimensionals, AquaPainter
Techniques: watercoloring

6 comments:

Mistylynn said...

Rejects, HAH! Yeah, right. Everything you make is so cute. I don't believe you. Great card... I'm sure she loved it.
Take care.
Misty

Tina said...

How cute! Great job coloring!

Heather Summers said...

Love the frog! I don't own this set...yet...and have eyed it up for a couple of years now!!! Great card!

chelemom said...

I love this card! I have this set, now I feel like I should blow the dust off of it and play with it again!

emily said...

i forgot about this set! i'm going to have to pull it out and use it again...and i forgot that you mentioned you were going to be in papercrafts...right? well, i remember you saying you were going to be published somewhere...that would be so cool if we were on the same page!!! it's all so exciting!!
good luck with artisan too...i want to do it again, it's just hard for me to stomach sending all those projects in and not getting any of them back. ugh. oh well!

Amy G. said...

I love this set...and it's perfect for kids! The bright colors look great!