January 12, 2008

For the Love of Chocolate

Let my preface this by saying I HATE Chocolate cake. Don't buy me one, don't serve me a piece and don't offer me a taste of yours. It's one of those things, like Chocolate ice cream that I won't eat. The only form of chocolate I like are the little round cups that taste more like peanut butter than anything else.

Anyway, I'm sitting here mounting my stamps that arrived yesterday and I'm looking at the Birthday Whimsy stamp set and Chocolate Cake with Pink Frosting is the image in my head. So as soon as I finished mounting the rest of my stamps that was the first thing I had to stamp.

I colored in the frosting with a Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write marker and then finished the rest of the cake with Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Basic Black and So Saffron. I did have to rough this stamp up a little bit to get good coverage because the rubber is so smooth. One rub on my basement carpet tile and the markers colored beautifully. After I stamped it I used a Versamarker to color over the icing, put on heat and stick powder, heated it up, doused it with dazzling diamonds glitter and heat set one last time. *Whew, that was a lot*

I have this gorgeous cake sitting on my table and I'm at a loss as to what to do with it. I had a total brain freeze, so I pulled out my Winter Mini Control Freaks Swap cards and I cased a layout from ChiChi Allen. The base of the card is a 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 piece of Chocolate chip and the top is 1/2 inch smaller piece of Pretty in Pink. I scored the left side at 1" and attached it to the base. I then punched my holes with the Crop-a-Dile and put my Chocolate Chip satin ribbon through it. I wasn't going to by this ribbon until I heard it also comes on the Ribbon Originals (Theater, if I remember correctly) and had to get it. It's gorgeous and so silky!

I did stamp the flourish from Friendship Blooms under my cake layer and the entire layer is set up on dimensionals. I did find that the prongs of my brads were a little long after putting them on the main image layer so I snipped them with some metal snips I found in my husbands workbench.

I think the rest is pretty self explanatory. I also want to apologize for my lack of posting yesterday. I spent most of the day in a pair of PJ's I had put on after waking up. I have to wear fresh PJ's if I lounge around during the day. I'm just odd that way. After that I scrubbed my house so I'd have plenty of time to play once my Sale-a-Bration stamp sets came, but my kids decided to spend the afternoon fighting. I changed my PJ's for some black and white stripped referee attire and that was that. I didn't get anything besides half a clean house.

It sure felt good to stamp today.

Jenn


Stamps: Birthday Whimsy, Friendship Blooms
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Going Gray, Barely Banana
Accessories: Crop-a-dile, Versamarker, Heat and Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Heat Gun, Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, 1/16" hole punch, ticket corner punch, dimensionals, silver brads

8 comments:

Tracy said...

What a cute card! I can't believe you don't like chocolate cake, that's almost unheard of. If chocolate isn't your vice, then what is?? Chocolate is mine, especially cookies or fudge. Yum.

Angie Tieman said...

Oh my, you're killing me with the no chocolate cake!! Guess I can't say anything because I can't be anywhere near mustard or I freak out, but man, chocolate cake? Sugar, good. Chocolate, good. lol! Love the card, it looks *delicious* and good enough to eat! ;-)

Lauren (mytime) said...

Very "sweet"!

beate said...

Girl, I am hungry and you make me look at this yummy cake! Now my stomach is actually growling! LOL

Love your card! Hugs and smiles

My Paper World said...

Glad that you got to enjoy your stamping time today! Mmmmmmmm! I LOVE chocolate cake, and I LOVE your "sweet" card too!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh, I'll gladly take your chocolate cake!!! This card is yummy -- just love it!!!

Pam Wood said...

I love your card! I was wondering what you mean by roughing up your stamp. can you explain? I hate how hard it is to ink these kind up.
Love your BLOG!!

ChiChi Allen said...

Hi, Jenn,

I just happened to see your page and am totally honored!!! I've been having creativity drought lately so I am so happy to hear that you liked my card! YOU truely are an inspiration. Thanks for casing!