January 13, 2008

A Few of my Favorite Things

I wanted to start playing with the Merci stamp set so that I can get a feel for how I want my swap cards to come out. I'm loving this butterfly! I stamped it onto Whisper White card stock in Basic Gray and then pulled my color scheme from the Bali Breeze designer series paper. I was actually going to use the paper on this card, but in the end I decided that simpler was better. The bottom is embellished with 3/4" circles punched out of Tempting Turquoise card stock to give it a bit of dimension, and I thought a simple bow out of Basic Black grosgrain would fit nicely against this layout.

There is an optical illusion with the sentiment square. It was punched with the 1 3/8" square punch as were all of the white image squares and I measured the Basic Black square a million times against the others. They are all the same size, but yet it appears smaller than all of the rest with the Whisper White layer. I'm not sure why that is, but I still love the way this card came out.

I am heading out to Walgreens to get some photos to add to a scrapbook page. I am hoping to get some pages done. I hope you are all having a nice relaxing Sunday!

Jenn


Stamps: Lots of Thoughts, Merci
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Accessories: 1 3/8" square punch, 3/4" square punch, basic black grosgrain, AquaPainter

7 comments:

sophia landry said...

This is very lovely, I love how it turned out too. Love the variety of colors you used on the butterfly's.

Flossie's Follies said...

This is so pretty, love the squares and your images.

Laura said...

Gorgeous Jenn! Love the colours and layout...works so well with the butterflies! Love a little optical illusion from time to time,just not the time I spend trying to "correct" it!

Jessica said...

Cute! love the circles at the bottom.

Tina said...

What a lovely card. Of course, ya can't go wrong with butterflies. Very pretty!

Michelle said...

Very pretty!

Mary Fish said...

Great card. I made it a "favorite" on SCS. Mary (Stampin' Pretty)