January 19, 2008

Embrace Chocolate

Last night I completed all of the VSN challenges! That was a first for me. This is one of the cards I made using Beate's Sketch Challenge. I know I don't have my sentiment on the right, but I realized that after I had already stamped it onto the main panel. I know I'm going to do another card with this sketch at some point so I'll stick more closely the next time.

The inspiration for this piece were these tiny little shoes made of Chocolate, in Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. I dug into my stash of retired Designer series paper and used the Loves Me designer series paper from last winter's Mini catalog. I used the same colors that I wrote down after seeing the shoes. The image is stamped in Basic Gray and is colored in with a blender pen with Pretty in Pink and Mellow Moss. I added the Eastern Elegance Rub Ons to my ribbon. I had forgotten to tie it to my dsp layer before adhering it so I used my horizontal slot punch and it goes around the front of the card.

I'm sorry for the lighting in the photo. I was working on this late last night and better photo lighting is still on my list of "To buy". Today I'm hoping to get a bunch more of the VSN challenges done. I don't know if my kids and husband will let me get all of them done like last night, but I'm going to try. It's bitterly cold outside, so it's nice to stay cozy and stamp.

Jenn


Stamps: Embrace Life
Paper: Pretty in PInk, Loves Me dsp, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Gray, Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss
Accessories: ticket corner punch, blender pen, 5/8" chocolate chip grosgrain, Eastern Elegance Rub Ons, horizontal slot punch
Techniques: watercoloring

7 comments:

Tara said...

another great card!! love it!

beate said...

Jenn, I think it turned out gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

My Paper World said...

It's really beautiful!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh very soft and pretty! Love the rub-ons you did. Very cute

Karen said...

I love the rub-ons on the ribbon, very soft touch. Great card, Jenn!

Cassandra said...

Beautiful card!! Congrats on getting the Friday night challenges done! That is an accomplishment!

Tina said...

So pretty and elegant. I am loving those rub ons.