January 18, 2008

Cup of Happiness

I haven't gotten much stamping done today. Well I didn't do any stamping today to be more precise. I have been organizing my space and making sure my shopping list for Virtual Stamping Weekend is complete. I'm sure it will look like a whirlwind hit in a few hours. If you are around you should come join in the fun at SCS. I always do.

I was challenged to use the Sale-A-Bration Rub Ons, as were all of the Control Freaks, so this is my challenge product. I didn't go the card route, but I'm sure I will do one sometime soon. Instead I decorated this little tea set that I found in the Target $ Spot. It was actually $2.50 but wouldn't this make a perfect Valentine's Day gift for co-workers or your children's teachers? I think so.

All I used for this project was the Love and Happiness Sale-A-Bration Rub Ons, a cellophane bag, Valentine's Day M&M's and a piece of Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon.

I know this will be asked, so I'll answer it now. I have never washed anything with Rub Ons, but I read on the Stampin' Up! forum on the Demonstrator website that other people have. But you really should hand wash them to be safe. I also read that there may be a product to seal the Rub Ons to the cup, but I haven't researched that end yet. If I find the answer I'll let you know.

Also when you place your Rub On on the cup, make sure you get it where you want it the first time because mine stuck almost immediately.

Jenn

11 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh my, this is nice. I love this. Ok I too passed this up at the store, NOW I NEED IT...LOL
My hubby is going to kill me.
YOU made me buy it...LOL
GREAT job.

beate said...

Gorgeous!
My Target sucks! LOL They didn't have anything even 1/2 as cool as that. No mailboxes either! That's what I get for living in the swamp. LOL
Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and smiles

luv2stampathome said...

Totally cute!!! I'm off to Target tonight!! :) Patty, www.pattystamps.com

Lisa said...

Ha! Beate had a chance to move here where we have "cool" Targets...she chose the swamp!

This little tea set is SO STINKIN' CUTE! Great Valentine for teachers!

Lisa Martz

Kim said...

That is just adorable! I will have to get over to Target soon!

Twila said...

Cute idea. I agree about make sure they are where you want them, for sure when it involves glass, because they stick really good!

Angie Tieman said...

LOVE it! Sooo cute and clever. And you're right, it would make a cute teacher gift! Shall I send you my address?! ;-)

Tara said...

sooo cute! I just got mine rub ons can't wait to try them nout!

Michelle said...

What a super idea - so cute. I was thinking the same question!

Tina said...

So cute. I think I may have picked one of these up too.

SpAzzGiRL said...

so cute! Wish they had a permanent rubon with the same effective just more permanence...someone should invent that!