January 21, 2008

Circle of Thanks

This was the first card I made for VSN this weekend. The challenge was to make a circular card using this sketch. I pulled the color scheme from a table with a runner I had pulled from a magazine and stuck in my inspiration journal. The colors are Bashful Blue, Sage Shadow, Barely Banana and Whisper White. The image was one I had received via Wish Rak. I still don't have the Fun and Fast Notes stamp set and it's still on my wish list. Hopefully, I'll break down and buy it soon. I stamped the background with the Polka Dot background stamp and then colored in my image with an AquaPainter.

To make the round card I took a 4 1/4" X 11" piece of cardstock that was scored at 5 1/2". After the card was folded in half I put my coluzzle on top letting it hang over the folded edge of the cardstock. I then cut it out and that is how you end up with a circular card.

To finish it off I put on a piece of Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon and decorated it with a piece of HodgePodge Hardware. I forgot I had this tin sitting around, so hopefully I'll stop hoarding it and actually use it again.

Jenn


Stamps: Polka Dot background, Fun and Fast Notes
Paper: Bashful Blue, Sage Shadow, Barely Banana, Whisper White
Ink: Jetblack Stazon, Regal Rose, Barely Banana, Mellow Moss, Bashful Blue, Going Gray
Accessories: dimensionals, vintage brad, 1/16" hole punch, pretty in pink taffeta ribbon, HPH, AquaPainter, coluzzle
Techniques: watercoloring

6 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Oh, that's a precious one!! Love the circle shape and polka dot background! I forget about this set, need to pull it out!

Tina said...

Super sweet. I am a sucker for polka dots.

Michelle said...

Very cute!

Amy G. said...

The projects you've been doing are so cute! Love the cup of happiness too! ;)

My Paper World said...

Oh, so cute! I love the stamped Polka dots!

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is adorable.