January 30, 2008

Christmas Cards in January!

When I was looking through the Stampin' Up! catalog I immediately fell in love with this card, so I decided to CASE it. I want to get a head start on my Christmas cards this year and SCS has a challenge to make 10 each month. They can be the same design each month or can be totally different. I"ll probably go the different route because I get bored by repetition.

I followed the same layout and color scheme that is in the catalog (see page 38). I did chance my buttons to Earth Elements buttons since I didn't have any neutrals laying around, but since the cards colors are in that color scheme anyway they work.

I am dreading taking Colin to school. We had a huge rainstorm, followed by snow and it's about 40 degrees colder out this morning than it was yesterday. Yesterday could have almost been like summer at 45 degrees and to wake up to a bitter cold 4 degrees is not fun. I know all of you gals in Canada have it much worse than we do, so I shouldn't complain too much.

Stay warm!

Jenn


Stamps: Peaceful Wishes
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: Old Olive, Whisper White craft, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: White ep, heat gun, Earth Elements buttons, mini glue dots, linen thread, very vanilla taffeta ribbon, 1/16" hole punch, vintage brads, 3/4" circle punch, sponge
Techniques: heat embossing

5 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is so pretty, love the pinecone.

Michelle said...

Great card Jenn!

Good for you for starting your Xmas cards early - I always say that I would love to do that, but, I never do!!!

Mistylynn said...

Yup, I remember this as one of the first cards I noticed. Yours look gorgeous.
On the color challenge with yoyo yellow...I think you did a wonderful job, but that color combo is HARD to get used too. Take care. Sorry it's so cold there. We've got snow today but it's not that cold actually.
Misty

Angie Tieman said...

Beautiful case! Great idea to start early, I'm jealous! This weather has been crazy, but I guess I can't complain too badly...we just went from like 75 to 35...not quite as bad as you!

Tina said...

Gorgeous card. All you cards and projects are gorgeous and well done.
Don't ya hate cold weather?! We don't get much here, but cold is cold wherever you are.