January 17, 2008

Cheery Hugs

The other day Beate posted her first Inspiration Challenge on her blog. I instantly knew I would add it to my pile of stuff I want to get done. I actually started on it on Tuesday night, but it got pushed to the side and I just cleared off my workspace with the intentions of finishing it.



I have to say I really like the cheery colors and the way the sentiment layer just pops off the page with the white scallop background. The other think I love is that this is a card that would be so easy to mass produce as a Thank You. The sentiment from All Holidays fits perfectly in the 1 1/4" circle punch and I didn't take a photo before I mailed it off.



I often look to items for inspiration for colors, but have to start doing the same for layouts as well. I did change mine to a standard sized card instead of going the square route.



We have a long weekend ahead of us, and I sure hope my kids behave so I can get some stamping stuff done. Winter and the cold weather are starting to wear on my nerves. We really need to get them outside to run out their energy. While we do get out in the winter, it's not nearly enough as they need. To top if off the flooding around here has closed down most of the parks since they all double as retention ponds. I sure hope it warms up and dries out a bit over the next few weeks.



Jenn




Stamps: All Holidays, Petals Jumbo Wheel, Polka Dot background
Paper: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Whisper White craft ink
Accessories: 1 1/4", 1 3/8", scallop circle punches, Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain, dimensionals, white embossing powder, heat gun
Techniques: heat embossing

5 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

I really like the colors on this card and that fantastic circle, the colors pop.

beate said...

Jenn, it looks gorgeous as a standard sized card. But then, I love everything you do.
My kids have a 4 day weekend starting tomorrow (teacher work day or something like that). They are excited.
Hugs!

Tina said...

Awesome card!

Christi said...

I love the colors! Beautiful card!!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Love those colors together. It's beautiful! Heidi