December 22, 2007

What Happens When . . .

you wait until the last minute to go Christmas Shopping? The answer for me is that the toy you promised your oldest child for behaving while his little brother is in the hospital is sold out so you have to buy something even more expensive to appease him, you have no idea what to get anyone, presents are in shopping bags all over your bedroom, you're not sure if you even remembered everyone . . . and the list goes on.

Yesterday Colin had his eye appointment and is eyesight is improving tremendously. His pediatric opthamologist is very impressed with him and he is down to patching only 4 hours a day. The bad thing about patching is that when he goes out in public people ask strange questions and we get lots of odd looks. Today at the bank Colin was asked if he got a Red Rocket BB Gun, because apparently he looks like we forgot to warn him "You'll shoot your eye out!".

Today I spent 4 hours bleaching every surface in my house and I can say that it is a almost compete germ free zone. The bad part is that I am completely exhausted and just want to lay on the couch doing nothing for the rest of the day.

Here is the project I made for the Ways To Use It Challenge - It's a Wrap. I saw the project on Craft Weekly TV and I thought it was perfect for this challenge. You can find it on December 7, 2007 and the episode is called Boxing Match. I only made 1/2 of the box shown and it holds standard sized cards and envelopes.

Have a Great Saturday!

Jenn


Stamps: Happy Heat Day
Paper: Rose Red, Bali Breeze dsp, Tempting Turquoise, Watercolor paper
Ink: Basic Gray, Stampin' Write Markers (Pretty in pink, Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa)
Accessories: Sticky Strip, AquaPainter, Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Jenn, my nephew has to wear a patch, too. I'm always shocked at the comments we get when out in public with him. People can be so rude and insensitive. Luckily, he doesn't mind. His mom got him a pirate eye-patch and he enjoys pretending to be a pirate while wearing it. That helps.

Tina said...

What a fantastic box, super cute.

Christa said...

I love this box! I went to Craft weekly TV and printed the pattern. I have so many ideas for this box - here's one idea at my new blog. cardcrazychrista.blogspot.com
Thanks for the idea!