December 9, 2007

Subtle Silhouette

This past week the Ways to Use it Challenge was to use tape in your design and not just the tape you use to hold your layers together. At first I was stumped and then I remembered something we learned at the Louisville Regionals, how to use sticky strip to adhere glitter to your cards or projects. From there I was off and running.

I absolutely love the Soft Sky and Always Artichoke combination. I also wanted to use my Wintergreen paper to make something besides a Christmas card. With my Garden Silhouettes stamp set out I was on my way. I stamped my main image in Always Artichoke and without re-inking my stamp I stamped once to the right and once to the left of the main image. It didn't have enough texture for me so I then inked up Aida Cloth in Soft Sky, stamped off once and then onto my main image panel. I also sponged the edges with Always Artichoke ink. I really like the effect.

Then instead of using ribbon I ran a piece of sticky strip across the main image panel and my Wintergreen dsp. After I peeled the liner off I dumped Dazzling Diamonds glitter onto the top of the strip and I had a nice faux glitter ribbon strip. I then added the large and small oval punches and stamped my sentiment. I do have to say that this is one of my favorite cards this week.

We are home bound today. We had huge freezing ice storms last night and early this morning and our street and driveway is not very safe to drive on. We also are expecting at least another 1/4" of ice today. I hope that it melts quickly, but with the temps in the high 20's right now I don't see that happening. Stay safe and have a great Sunday. I know I'm going to take advantage of the weather and stamp a lot.

Jenn

8 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Beautiful card! Love how you stamped the images! Sounds like some very frigtening weather, stay safe...inside drinking hot chocolate!

My Paper World said...

Stunning! I love the colours they look great!

Amy G. said...

Wow! What a great challenge...love the dazzling sticky strip! Beautiful!

Heather said...

This is really beautiful! I love that stamp set...

Tina said...

Stunning card. The colors are great as is the layout!

Shannon McGann said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous. I love the Wintergreen paper, and the silhouette stamp looks great with it.

AJ said...

This card is so fabulous!! LOVE it, may have to case it when I decide to start stamping again!!

Sounds like cruddy weather, hope you enjoy stamping your heart out!!

Michelle said...

this is just gorgeous!