December 20, 2007

Stamp Room Heaven

I made it into my stamp room and it is just heavenly to ink up my new stamps. I am so happy right now. I wanted to start out easy so I pulled out this week's sketch challenge, selected a color scheme from the January issue of Stampin' Success and got to it. This card took me a long time, but it could be because I made two of them at once. I am making it a priority to send a bunch of cards into Stampin' Up! this year. So needless to say, if you CASE this card or any of my cards please don't send them in to Stampin' Up! for contests or to make it onto Stamper's Showcase. I'd appreciate it. In the last week I there was a card showcased that is almost the exact duplicate of one that I made in August but didn't send in.

This is the very first time I have inked up A Beautiful Thing and it is exactly that - Beautiful. It is so easy to line up the solid flower image with the smaller outline image without the use of the Stamp-a-ma-jig and we all know I love my SAMJ.

This card is fairly simple to figure out so I'll just leave the recipe. I am going to hopefully get a lot of stamping time in today in between playing with the kids and cleaning the house. Today is also the last day of school for Colin until 2008 so with no where to go I should have a lot of time to play.

Jenn


Stamps: A Beautiful Thing
Paper: Rose Red, Old Olive, Taken with Teal, Whisper White, Bali Breeze dsp
Ink: Rose Red, Taken with Teal, Old Olive
Accessories: ticket corner punch, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8" circle punches, 1/16" hole punch, silver brads, dimensionals, horizontal slot punch, turquoise grosgrain (retired)

2 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is so pretty, glad to see you stamping.

Tina said...

Very pretty! The colors are just gorgeous together.