December 5, 2007

Snowstorms and Flowers

I feel like I am so far behind on challenges on SCS and they really are my favorite. They have helped me come so far in the past year as a stamper. For this card I started out with the Color Combo challenge from last week but deviated at the end. The color combo was Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery and Basic Gray. I just had to have some nice cheery flowers in the midst of all of this snow, so I deviated at the last minute.

I love this sketch! It is one of Jen del Muro's and you can find her Sketch For You To Try here. As I was looking through my designer papers I came across a Palette O'Prints from Stampin' Up! I didn't think I had hoarding issues, but obviously I do. Actually it's not hoarding as much as buying more than I need. I am slowly conquering that issue and I am trying to use what I buy and buy only when I need things. That being said I do have 2 brand new packages of paper coming from Stampin' Up! that are going to be in the new catalog. I am so excited for spring papers. Hopefully when they get here next week spring will arrive too. Wishful thinking on my part huh? We had a snow storm last night that actually left snow on the ground. I think I'd like snow much better if it fell only on grassy areas and avoided the streets and sidewalks. I am stuck inside with Evan so I can't complain much. He has a mysterious fever, and has for 2 days now with no other symptoms. I hope it passes soon.


Stamps: Time Well Spent
Paper: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery POP, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Festive Favorites buttons, Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon, mini glue dots, dimensionals

2 comments:

Tina said...

Such a pretty card. The colors and papers are lovely.

tyrymom29 said...

Very cute card!!!!