December 12, 2007

Rose Filled Life

Yesterday when I looked at the color combination for the day I wasn't sure of the outcome, but now that is together I am really liking it. The color combination is Rose Red, Certainly Celery and Pumpkin Pie. For good measure I threw in a little Basic Gray and Whisper White.

What I want to draw your attention to is the medallion made with my new punch, and the best part about it is that it is FREE! That is if you own Stampin' Up!'s scallop circle punch. Dannie Graves posted a tutorial on her blog and I tried it out for the very first time yesterday and my medallion is a result of that. The things people come up with to use Stampin' Up! products in a new way just amazed me. Now why couldn't I have thought of that?

Today is probably going to be a very unproductive day. Evan had a mysterious fever that appeared last week on Monday night. It lasted until Wednesday night and all weekend he was fine with maybe just a low grade fever. Yesterday after his nap it was 104 and I called the pedi. I didn't know why it was coming back since he isn't presenting any other symptoms. One look at his throat and they said it was most likely strep. So we head home with antibiotics and are trying to make him better. He was very fussy all night and I feel like I got next to no sleep. But now he seems to be getting worse. His fever is 104.5 and he can't keep the Motrin in his stomach and can't keep the antibiotics down either. I'm waiting for the pedi to open so I can call and find out what to do for him. Cross your fingers he gets well soon. I hate when my kids are sick. So if you don't see me around posting you know I'm cuddling on the couch with my baby instead of stamping. At least I got my new stamps mounted last night so if he happens to take a nap I can play with new stuff.

Jenn

PS. Can you tell we got absolutely no sun yesterday? I'm sorry my photo is so dark. I think I convinced my husband to get me better lighting for Christmas though!


Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment
Paper: Rose Red, Basic Gray, Certainly Celery, pumpkin pie, Whisper White
Ink: Rose Red, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: 1/16" hole punch, vintage brad, pumpkin pie grosgrain, dimensionals, crafter's tool kit, scallop punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, heat gun

7 comments:

emily said...

ugh...sick kids...hope he feels better soon!

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is great, like the medallion. Hope he is feeling better soon.

Jennifer Ofiana said...

great idea on the scallop punch! Thx for sharing that! Hope the little guy is feeling better soon!

SpAzzGiRL said...

Hope the little guy is feeling better, bleh!
Love that medallion.

Tina said...

I sure hope your little man is feeling better soon, son't ya hate it when they are sick!
Beautiful card, I love the medallion.

Christi said...

I love this card and the medallion! Awesome! I am so sorry to hear that your baby is sick. I hope he gets to feeling better soon. :)

Lorie said...

Beautiful card! I'm sorry your son is sick...please let us know what the doctor says! :o)