December 27, 2007

Lovin' Winter

If you were to look outside you would not believe that we got 10.2" of snow not even two weeks ago. Yesterday the temperature topped 48 degrees and the sun was out for a while. This has been an unusual winter marked with ice storms, heavy rain and some snow here and there. I don't mind a huge storm if I don't have to drive in it and if the snow disappears quickly. Despite the warmer temperatures there is still the bite of winter air outside and you aren't fooled for that long.

We are finally settling back in after a few days with family. We have presents unpacked and each has found it's own place inside our home and Colin and Evan have enough new toys where they can play independently long enough for me to stamp something. Hopefully I'll be able to try out all of my new toys this week too. I was completely surprised to get a Cricut for Christmas especially since my Mom told me that she had bought one for my sister and was asking me all of these questions about it. I never expected to get one for myself courtesy of my parents, sister and grandma. I also got a Scor-Pal and Xyron sticker maker. I keep taking up more and more of the basement stamping area and the playroom part keeps getting smaller and smaller. As I stamp I can feel a GeoTrax Train rushing by my feet as the boys build the course around my table and chairs.

This card was made with yesterdays Sketch Challenge and I used some retired paper I had left over from last Winter's Mini Catalog, and I think it was called Loves Me. I'll have to dig out the mini to be absolutely sure though. I used my C.C. Designs Little Bits Wintertime Fun set. I wanted to make it feel more like a Valentine's Day card than a Christmas card and since there is still snow on the ground here come February this set is perfect for Valentine's Day too. I added a Heidi Swap Ghost Shape heart as well as a foam flower from American Crafts. Both of these items and the stamp set can be found at All That Scraps if you are looking to get some for yourself.


Stamps: Wintertime Fun by C.C. Designs
Paper: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Loves Me dsp, Taken with Teal, Whisper White
Ink: Palette Noir, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand
Accessories: 3/16" corner rounder, 1/16" hole punch, coluzzle, Heidi Swap ghost Shapes, American Crafts Greenhouse Foam Flowers, mini glue dots, blender pens

2 comments:

My Paper World said...

Very cute! Love the image and the paper!

Lorie said...

Cute! Great job with the sketch!