December 7, 2007

Lovely Shades of Green

On Tuesday, the Color Combination was Old Olive, Certainly Celery and Summer Sun. I don't know why two greens I like gave me such a problem when I only had to pair them with one other color. The first card is evidence of that. I just had no idea where I was going I guess, or I simply chose the wrong layout or the wrong stamp set. It could be a cute card, but the main panel just does nothing for me at this point in time. I honestly wasn't even going to post it, but I figured that I should post things that work out as well as things that don't.

It's quite a simple layout and card. I used Oh, So Lovely and stamped it in Basic Gray. I love Basic Gray classic ink and it has almost permanently replaced my Basic Black. It doesn't smear and is softer and more subtle than the black ink. I then used an AquaPainter to color in the image with Always Artichoke and Summer Sun. The bow is Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon.



This second card is my favorite and it takes on a whole new feel. I like Garden Silhouettes so much more with this color combo. The sketch is from Jen del Muro's Sketch for You to Try. While digging through my stash of designer series paper I came across a neglected Palette O'Prints that I never got to and used it for my Certainly Celery layer.

Today I have a Vendor Fair at my MOM's group as well as our winter brunch. I am so excited to have a morning to myself, converse with other moms and have a catered breakfast. Then this afternoon I have to take inventory of my stock and see how many more Christmas cards I actually need to make. I am also working on learning the in's and outs of Adobe Dreamweaver CS3. I hope to use it to develop my own personalized website. I am so excited about that, but right now I feel like a fish out of water. Once I get a start on it I hope it all falls into place, so keep your fingers crossed on that.

Have a great Friday!

Jenn


Stamps: Oh So Lovely
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White, Certainly Celery
Ink: Summer Sun, Basic Gray, Old Olive
Accessories: Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain, dimensionals



Stamps: Garden Silhouettes
Paper: Old Olive, Certainly Celery POP, Whisper White, Summer Sun
Ink: Old Olive, Summer Sun
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Crafter's Tool Kit, Sponge, Three For You Punch Box, Silver Brads, dimensionals

8 comments:

corinnesomerville said...

This is a beautiful card !!! I love everything about it...stamps, color, layout....everything !!!
Congrats on your tutorial on SCS..you did a fantastic job !!!

Have a great day
Corinne (aka Roxy)

Flossie's Follies said...

I love your first card, second one is also great. I am a green person.

Christi said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous!! TFS!

Christi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...

Both of these cards are lovely. Good luck at the vendor fair tomorrow, hopefully they will wipe you out!!

JenMarie said...

They are both gorgeous! Love that garden silhouettes one, I'm getting that set, thanks for the inspiration!!

dd2njoy said...

Beautiful cards !!! TFS!!!

Michelle said...

I find Summer sun (or any yellows) hard to work with. Your card is lovely!