December 23, 2007

Garden Solitude


Yesterday I decided to check out the Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. The inspiration piece was a Sticky Note pad that was purchased at Target. You can view the item here. I knew I would have an easy time with this one. I have always wanted to try out a round card, so I used my coluzzle on the second to last circle and let it overlap the fold in my card a bit. After I cut the circle out I simply stamped my flower from Garden Silhouettes in Whisper White craft ink. I then heat set it to prevent smearing of the ink. I punched out flowers with my Three For You Punch Box punch and placed them on my card before stamping the bird and sentiment. I also heat set these to prevent smearing. To give the flowers a bit more dimension I laid them onto my mat mack and used my stylus to press in the center. I attached them with mini glue dots and added a touch of Sakura Gelly Roll pen in the center for some sparkle. A simple knotted piece of white grosgrain is tied around the fold in the card to finish it off.


Stamps: Garden Silhouettes, Spring Solitude
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun
Ink: Whisper White Craft Ink
Accessories: Three For You Punch Box, White Grosgrain, Stylus, Sakura Gel Pen, Coluzzle

2 comments:

corinnesomerville said...

Ohhhh....I love this !!! Great job !!!

Have a good one
Corinne

Tina said...

Very pretty! Wow!!