December 29, 2007

Fluttery Love

I was catching up on blog hopping and I noticed this sketch. Sometimes I see a sketch and print it out to try later. This was one I had to do right away. It is a simple 5 1/4" square card, but the results, in my opinion, are stunning. I used retired Loves Me designer series paper on this one. I added faux stitching around the edges and layered the Word Window punch on the largest Oval punch from Stampin' Up!. I set the sentiment up on dimensionals.


The butterflies are from Happy Heart Day a new set from Stampin' Up! that will be available for order as of January 2nd. I stamped them in Jetblack Stazon and colored them in with a blender pen. To give them some pop I outlined them in Sahara Sand and they look like they pop off of the page.

I wanted to make a sample to use in my January classes with current supplies, so I used the same sketch, but since the Limited Supply Challenge said no punches I changed it a bit. I also made a standard 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 card to fit into a standard A2 envelope. I stamped the sentiment in Groovy Guava on the designer series paper and it doesn't stand out enough for me so I'm sure I'll tweak the card for classes and probably use some of the new designer series paper. I had some Ginger Blossom paper cut to use and then I grabbed Groovy Guava ink accidentally so I changed my dsp to match.


Stamps: Happy Heart Day
Paper: Confetti White, Loves Me dsp (retired), Chocolate chip
Ink: Jetblack Stazon, Pretty in Pink, Taken with Teal, Regal Rose, Sahara Sand
Accessories: blender pen, large oval and word window punches, dimensionals, crafter's tool kit, chocolate chip marker


Stamps: Happy Heart Day
Paper: Whisper White, Groovy Guava dsp
Ink: jetblack stazon, groovy guava, wild wasabi, sahara sand
Accessories: wild wasabi double stitched ribbon, blender pen

8 comments:

Lorie said...

Very nice cards! Those both could also be turned into 6x6 scrapbook pages that are easy yet very cute!

Mistylynn said...

I want that cute little stamp! So sweet. TFS. I'm partial to the orange one.
Misty

Tina said...

Very pretty and colorful. The images just pop!

Tina said...

Very pretty and colorful. The images just pop!

Tina said...

Very pretty and colorful. The images just pop!

Shannon McGann said...

Both are beautiful! I love what you did with the sketch, and the colours are fantastic! TFS!

CresceNet said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

lauren said...

oh wow--i LOVE these!!!