December 15, 2007

Evan Update

As of Saturday morning Evan is still hospitalized and will remain so through tomorrow. Each day we hope and pray that we will get the clearance to come home. Today was looking promising until he came down with stomach flu like symptoms around midnight. I was jolted awake by my poor baby throwing up.

The pediatrician has been in and said that we have ruled out mono and meningitis. We are very thankful for that. But the bad thing is that nothing has come back with a positive result. We know he has a viral infection, but we don't know what or why or how long it will last. We are expecting 8 - 10 inches of snow today and the pedi feels more comfortable with him staying because we could possibly get stranded at home with a very sick and dehydrated baby.

I wish I had time to read through all of your well wishes, but I am just home to shower and change clothes at this point in time. Please pray that we will be home again tomorrow. Evan and all of us would really appreciate it.

Jenn

14 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

He and your family are in my prayers. Hope he comes home tomorrow.

Amy G. said...

Oh my...we'll keep you in our prayers!

JenMarie said...

Aw, I'm so so sorry to hear about your little one, you are all in my thoughts and prayers!! God Bless, JenMarie

Christi said...

I am so sorry to hear about your baby. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Char in So Cal said...

Blessings to you snd your baby.

Char in So Cal
scrampaddict@cox.net

corinnesomerville said...

It sounds like he's getting great care, Jenn. I'm so sorry that you are all having to go through this and I'm definately still praying for you all. Thank you for updating us all and we look forward to hearing the good news that he's come home !!!

Big hugs to you !
Corinne

Stampin' Up said...

Oh I hope Evan get well soon and comes home. Evan & your family is in our prayers.

Melissa Tootle

Tanja said...

keep us posted on how your sweetie is doing.

Dawn Easton said...

Hope that they can determine what is causing him to be so ill. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!

Pat said...

Jenn,

Your mom and dad have been keeping me updated. I just wanted to tell you that I'm thinking about you and Evan. Try to get lots of rest because you don't need to get sick too.

Love Always,

Pat Q

emily said...

hey jenn...still thinking about you...hope things are better...

Tina said...

Jenn,
I hope and pray things are going well for Evan. I will continue to pray for your family.

Debbie Olson said...

Jenn, I'm so sorry to read that yoiur little Evan is sick! I will be praying for him today!

SpAzzGiRL said...

Man, I was hoping I would come here this morning and find out all was well and good, home and healthy. Dang!
Fingers and toes are still crossed for you guys, I really hope he is better today and you guys get to go home.