December 6, 2007

Don't Open Until Christmas


When I saw yesterday's bonus sketch I almost skipped over it, but I am bound and determined to use up my Wintergreen and Dashing designer series papers over the next few days. I think I did actually accomplish the task with Dashing yesterday with a few cards I made.

The bonus sketch was a "gift card", and is supposed to look just like a wrapped gift. I sat down and got my certainly celery and striped paper in order and had no idea what I was going to add in the upper left hand corner. I pulled out stamps and punches and then ended up just using paper. I just fiddled with the paper until I found a way to make a bow I liked. I cut 7/8" strips of the Wintergreen striped paper and then looped it over and stapled in the middle. If you look at it from the side it resembles a figure 8. I then make a smaller layer on top and to cover the staples I made a little loop of designer series paper this time highlighting the other side of the paper. The ribbon strings are a 7/8" strip cut in half. After I figured out the length I wanted them I cut a triangle notch into the ends. The only stamping on here is the sentiment from All Holidays. This is a super simple card and would be so easy to mass produce for holiday cards.


Stamps: All Holidays
Paper: Always Artichoke, Wintergreen
Ink: Always Artichoke
Accessories: staples, dimensional

8 comments:

JenMarie said...

LOOOVE this bow!!!!!!!!!!

Denise... said...

This is fabulous!!!!!!

Flossie's Follies said...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, Love that bow, this is fantastic, will most definitely have to case this one.

Shannon McGann said...

That card is so amazing! Love the paper bow!

Tina said...

This is so stinkin' cute. What a great card! Don't ya love it when it comes together in the end?!

Amy G. said...

I love what you did with the bow...great job on that challenge!

Amy said...

Too cute Jenn. You're always so clever.

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

This is so cute! Love the bow!