December 8, 2007

Dashing Goodbye

I am officially saying goodbye to my stash of Dashing dsp. After a few packages, I have finally used up every last scrap on these two cards. They were both made with this week's sketch challenge. On the first card I made a winter scene with the adorable penguin from Punch Pals. I stamped the trees three times and then added snow by tearing some Whisper White cardstock and adding Dazzling Diamonds glitter to it with my 2 Way Glue Pen. I then popped the penguin up on dimensionals.
I added the sentiment by punching it out with the Word Window punch and then tying it to my 5/8" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon with natural hemp twine. To keep the tag in place I added a mini glue dot to the back of it.

Stamps: Punch Pals
Paper: Real Red, Old Olive, VV, WW, Dashing dsp
Ink: Basic Gray, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, Soft Sky, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Blue Bayou
Accessories: Word Window punch, Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain, dimensionals, AquaPainter, 2 way glue, dazzling diamonds, sponge
On the second card I used the same paper but changed out the stamp set. On this card I opted to use Peaceful Wishes. I love this set. The stamps combine easily to achieve the effect you want. On this image panel I combined the red berries and foliage with the pine tree image to add a splash of color.
Instead of tying my ribbon in a bow I ran it under the main image panel and then added my sentiment right to the layer. Two vintage brads anchor the piece.
Today we are going out for Greek food! We are combining my brother's and sister's birthdays and celebrating both on one day. I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing afternoon with family. I hope you all have a great afternoon enjoying something you like to do.
Jenn

Stamps: Peaceful Wishes
Paper: Real Red, Old Olive, River Rock, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red
Accessories: Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain, paper piercer, vintage brads

1 comment:

Tina said...

Very, very pretty. I love the diamond shapes.