December 11, 2007

Darling Penguin

The Ways To Use It Challenge was to make a Gift Card Holder, and it was perfect because I came across this tutorial by Nancy and I've been wanting to make some up.

I've been drooling over the Cutie Pie designer series paper for a while now and finally broke down and bought some a few weeks ago but haven't had a chance to dive into the package. I was also very happy that it didn't end up on the retiring accessories list from Stampin' Up! today. So again my color scheme was pulled directly from the paper. The base is Rose Red, the belly band is Certainly Celery and I used Whisper White for my image layer.

The tutorial does not include a belly band but you can make one very easily. All I did was cut a 1" strip out of cardstock and wrapped it around the gift card holder. I then cut off the excess and adhered the back together. I think it ends up being just shy of 7" long.

The main image layer features the new Little Penguins set from C.C. Designs and can be found at All That Scraps. I recently bought some of the Copic markers and I wanted to try them out so this was my first attempt at coloring with them. For my first attempt I am quite pleased. I am sure I will get better as time goes on.

Here is the inside of the holder. I used my slit punch to make the part that holds the gift card in. I am going to dress up the inside a bit more, but I didn't have a chance before I took the photo.

These are so quick and easy. I think they make giving a gift card even better when they are packaged so nicely.

Jenn

Stamps: Little Penguins by C. C. Designs
Paper: Rose Red, So Saffron, Cutie Pie dsp
Ink: Palette Noir, Copics, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" circle punches

9 comments:

Tina said...

So wonderfully colorful and sweet. I like that paper too.

Flossie's Follies said...

This is so cute,love the paper and colors.

SpAzzGiRL said...

So cute and perfect this time of the year, especially for those of us who have not begun to shop and will probably be giving lots of GCs.

Christi said...

This is so sweet! I love that paper!

Wife2TJ said...

This is so absolutely adorable!

Tricia said...

So cute! I can't wait to get my Little Penguins & my Scallop Punch! (Christmas presents that might not make it under the tree...{evil laugh}) :)

emily said...

hey jenn,
how's your etsy shop coming along? are you selling much?

Anonymous said...

He's just so cute I can't stand it !!
http://stampingforgodsglory.blogspot.com/

Debbie Olson said...

This is just darling! I love the image, papers, embellishing--everything!