December 10, 2007

Birthday Doodles

After all of the freezing rain we got yesterday I needed to make a nice bright cheery card. I just opened my package of Cutie Pie designer series paper so I chose my color scheme right from there. I started with a Rose Red base and layered it with the polka dotted designer series paper. I used my slit punch to make a little tab and to make my paper slide under to where I wanted it I used my paper snips to enlarge the punched area. I then stamped my Doodle This flower twice. Once in Basic Gray on Whisper White paper and once in Blue Bayou on Blue Bayou cardstock. I colored the top flower in with my AquaPainter and Bashful Blue classic ink. To hold the two flowers together I set a Jumbo eyelet with my Crop-a-dile.



The layer under the flower was made my cutting a circle out with my coluzzle from So Saffron ink and then I added 3/4" punched circles of Certainly Celery to the back of this layer. I then stamped the lined circle image from So Much onto the back and used it as my paper piercing guide. To finish the card I added Certainly Celery 5/8" grosgrain ribbon and the sentiment is from All Holidays.



I hope you all had better weather yesterday than we did. Tonight we brace ourselves for yet another ice storm. Is winter over yet? At least I made a run to the grocery store and stocked up on milk and fruit so if we can't leave for a few days we'll be all set. There must have been a huge milk run because I didn't see a single gallon or half-gallon of milk in Kroger. Surprisingly the store was pretty empty though. The ice from yesterday is melted off the streets as the layer of salt is really thick, but the streets in our neighborhood are still pretty treacherous. When taking Colin to school there was a teenage boy attempting to walk up his driveway and for every step he took forward he slid back three. I'm so glad I don't really have to walk on all of the ice.



Jenn

5 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Love your card it is bright and cheery, hope you don't get iced in. Be careful on the roads.

My Paper World said...

Wow! It's really pretty! I love the cheerful colours!

Shannon McGann said...

Beautiful card! I love all the fun, pretty colours. Your doodle flower looks great!

dd2njoy said...

Lovely,cheery and happy colors,love it!!!

Tina said...

This card is bright and cheery. Hope you can make it through the storms. I am so glad I don't live in an area that doesn't experience this. Gotta love the south!