November 19, 2007

Wintergreen Paper Bow Ornament

You have probably seen those wonderful designer paper bows floating around on various blogs and Splitcoaststampers. I decided to take mine one step further and created a three dimensional ornament by sticking two of these bows together. I followed this tutorial to make the bows. After both bows were complete I added a piece of 5/8" Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon and attached the bows together using sticky strip. Now instead of using the bows on packages I am going to use them to decorate my Christmas tree. I can't wait until the entire tree is full. On Christmas eve, or before if my tree is full, I will take a picture of my wonderfully decorated tree with all of my Stampin' Up! ornaments.

Today has been one of those days. Evan had his 2 year check up and had to go in for the normal lead tests. They have such a hard time finding his vein. He was stuck 3 times by 3 different people all while I had to hold him down kicking and screaming. I don't blame the poor guy, but I think this may be the last one he has to go through, or at least until next year.

We had some time between the pediatrician appointment, blood work and having to pick Colin up from school so we came home for a bit. I saw a piece of dirt on the floor, thinking we carried it in on our shoes. I picked it up to throw it out only to find it wasn't a piece of dirt, but a big fat hairy black spider. I couldn't throw it out fast enough. UGH! Not only do I hate spiders, but I actually picked it up. Next time I spy a piece of dirt my vacuum will have to come to the rescue. Never again will I make the mistake of picking up a spider.

Jenn

8 comments:

Amy G. said...

I love this idea! Can't wait to see your tree full of them. Poor baby, hate taking them to get shots...and yuck about the 'dirt'! ;)

Flossie's Follies said...

Poor baby to be poked like that, no fun. A spider, OMG, I don't blame you. Love how you did the bow for the tree.

Tina said...

OMGosh, I would just die if I picked up a spider.
My son feels the same way when he goes to the doctor, why does the parent have to hold them down!! Anyways, I hope he feels better soon.

That bow is fantastic! It looks great on the tree!

stefanie said...

Such a great idea! I love making these bows!

stefanie said...

Such a great idea! I love making these bows!

CaraDee said...

That is my worst fear right there.

Shannon McGann said...

What a great idea for using the bows! I never would have thought of this! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lovetostamp6 said...

Gorgeous bow, I really need to try one of these, Jennifer :)