November 30, 2007

Winter Clipboard

I can't believe I waited so long to alter this 9 X 9 clipboard from Stampin' Up!. It was so easy and here it has been sitting in my cabinet for the last 6 months. I am definitely going to have to get some more of these because they can make wonderful presents for Christmas. It literally took me 15 minutes from start to finish to complete this. Now I just have to get Colin and Evan to the mall to take their picture with Santa so I have something to put on it.

I started with a piece of sponge and I just rubbed Real Red craft ink on the top of my board. It took all of a minute and it covers wonderfully. Craft ink is something I am just starting to acquire and I don't know why I haven't used anything but Whisper White for the last year. It is so rich in color and covers chipboard so nicely. I also like to emboss my letters before I cut them out because it is actually easier to cut and the letters have so much more depth and dimension to them.

From there I took pieces that have been leftover from my Winter Bright Simply Scrappin' Kit. I used the Stampin' Up! glue stick to adhere the paper to the chipboard and then ran over it with my bone folder to make sure there were no bubbles and that the paper was in full contact with the clipboard. When I had my paper where I wanted it I took a sanding block and lightly sanded the edges so that everything is nice and even and it has a slightly distressed look to it. From there it was so easy to add the die cut stickers to my project. On the bottom I have Favorite Winter Traditions across the bottom. This way I can change out pictures all winter and keep the clipboard on display.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

I love this! I recently altered a clipboard from Office Max, and the quality was really poor, so now you've convinced me to order some SU ones. Great project!

Amy G. said...

That is super cute! Great use of that scrap kit! ;)

Lovetostamp6 said...

Very pretty Jenn, I just LOVE your altered piece. I want to order this SS kits so bad, maybe with the next order. Have a great weekend, Jennifer :)

Shannon McGann said...

You did such a great job! I love it! Don't you just love the Winter Bright kit? The colours are so pretty!

Angie Tieman said...

That turned out WAY cute!! I've never ordered one of these, may have to tack it on to my pre-order order!

Tina said...

How beautiful! Great gift idea.