November 25, 2007

Where has time gone?

This weekend has just flown by and I am now just sitting down to stamp for the first time in what seems like weeks. On Friday I was greeted by my new Design Team kit from C.C. Designs and in it was a cute new set featuring Lulu and Lucky called Winter Playtime. I knew I'd make it a top priority when I finally had a chance to stamp. I am working on a tin of cards to give away as a Christmas gift. You can never have enough Winter cards to send out just to say Hi! when the weather is blustery cold and dreary.

I started with a plain Accents and Elements tin that I had left over from the Spring Mini catalog from Stampin' Up! Sadly I still have the accents in it and the sheets are almost full, but since I just ordered a bunch of empty tins I figured I better start experimenting. I have 4 cards that are 4 5/8" X 5 1/8" inside. I will show those to you later as I am still working on the finishing details. I wrapped a piece of Artesian Pool Grass Cloth cardstock around the center then added a strip of Avana Exclusive Prism cardstock. To make it look like ribbon I cut a strip of Piggy Tales designer series paper from the Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater collection. It matches the May Arts Turquoise Brown striped 5/8" grosgrain ribbon perfectly!

I then focused my attention on the main image panel. I used Chocolate Chip cardstock by Stampin' Up! then layered it with Green Tea Orange Peel Cardstock and stamped my image on Bazzill Coconut Smoothies cardstock.

This is Lulu and her Snowman image from Winter Playtime, that will be available for purchase on December 7th at All That Scraps. The set comes with 3 image stamps, 3 snowflake stamps and 2 sentiments. I colored my images in with various SU! inks using my AquaPainter. I then masked my image and stamped my snowflakes. To finish it off I sponged the edges of my cardstock in Soft Sky ink before putting the layers together and attaching it to the belly band of my tin.

It felt so good to sit down and stamp. I feel like I have been slowly coming down with a cold, so I have been resting a bunch. Hopefully as we start a new week the cold will be in the past. I sure hope so because it is no fun to take care of two energetic boys when I am feeling tired and physically drained. Have a great Sunday!

Jenn

6 comments:

Heather said...

Wow Jenn.. This is really cute! can't wait to get the new set.

Lovetostamp6 said...

Super cute Jenn, LOVE the NEW images from All That Scraps. Jennifer :)

Amy G. said...

Very cute! Stay healthy! ;)

SpAzzGiRL said...

So cute!

Debbie said...

This stamp is adorable. I love what you did with it.

shel9999 said...

So cute! Love how you used the tin!