November 26, 2007

Waterfall Class

This Sunday I have my last Hostess Club meeting for this catalog period and I promised that I would do a Waterfall Card. Now I have seen samples on Splitcoaststampers and I looked at the tutorial before, but I never realized how neat this card was until I held one in my hands and tried it out. All I have to say is WOW! This is actually the first one I have ever made and I think I will stick to this design and stamp set for my class as well.

I started with a Blue Bayou cardstock base and layered it with Soft Sky and Blue Bayou designer series paper. My paper strips are made from Soft Sky and I used Whisper White for my image layers. I simply stamped the images from Wishing You Cheer on the first two panels and then broke the sentiment up in half for the last two. It is soooo easy once you have your pieces cut and ready to assemble. The only part that made me think a bit was where to put the adhesive to hold the strip in place. I just held my paper in place and pulled the strip to see how it would flip and I had it figured out in seconds.

I didn't want to overwhelm this post with pictures so I added the progression of the card as it is flipping through the rest of the images in the side of the picture. You can click on the photo for a closer look.

Jenn

4 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Great job on your waterfall card! I know exactly what you mean, I felt the same way when I made my first waterfall card. Of course, I've been too lazy to try it again! lol! I love yours, your club will too!

Flossie's Follies said...

Wow, this is beautiful, your club will be thrilled with it.

Tara said...

cute!!! What a great set for a waterfall card! :)

Tina said...

Wowsers, great card.