November 19, 2007

Scallop Punch Paper Ornaments


These scallop punch ornaments are so quick and easy to make and the best part is that they are kid friendly, and in my house that is a huge plus. I am not the original creator of this idea, but if you are let me know because I'd love to give credit where credit is due.
Step 1: Punch 8 scallop out of designer series paper



Step 2: Fold your 8 punched scallops in half.











Step 3: Take 2 scallops and glue them together and then continue gluing on the others as you make your way around the circle. Leave your last section unglued to add the ribbon.







Step 4: Run glue down the center of your scallops. Add a length of ribbon. I double mine over and tie a knot at the bottom.
Step 5: Glue the last two sections together to complete the circle. Display your ornament for all to see.

5 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

these are great, and it is a wonderful family project.

Amy G. said...

Funny, I did a tutorial too! ;)

Gina Wrona said...

Awesome, I forgot all about these to make for the craft show. maybe next year then.

dd2njoy said...

Wow what a neat idea!!!Love it!!

Julie said...

I just love these ornaments. I'm having my family over for Christmas dinner and I'm going to make these and use them as napkin ring ornaments. Everyone will have one to take home with them and I can use the paper and ribbon I already have around the house. Thank you so much! You're ideas are awesome.