November 17, 2007

Ornaments

The other day Colin and I sat down to make some Christmas ornaments based on the tutorial at Splitcoaststampers. These are so fun and so easy. Plus they look a lot better than my picture shows. I got 6 glass ornaments at Michael's for $2.50 and a bag of snow for $1. Colin was so confused by the bagged snow. He kept asking why it wasn't melting. The it's not real explanation wasn't working so now it's magic snow.





I cut the transparencies with my coluzzle to the 2" circle size. I then stamped the image on the front, colored in with Sharpie markers on the back and then used my blender pen and Whisper White Craft ink to color in the back. I then embossed mine with Crystal Clear embossing powder. It melts super quick and you need to make sure you don't melt the transparency. I then threaded through a piece of silver cording through a 1/8" hole punched at the top of the circle.





To get the image inside I rolled up the transparency and put it through the top opening. The rolled paper wasn't working for getting the snow in, so I put a little in my powder pal and dumped it in that way.





Colin even decorated his own.



I followed the instructions on his and used White embossing powder. I think both the white and crystal clear work equally well with this project.


Stamps: Punch Pals
Ink: Jetblack Stazon, Sharpie Markers, WW Craft
Accessories: transparencies, snowflakes, heat gun, white ep

7 comments:

Amy G. said...

I've been dying to try these...they look great! I love how your son decorated his own-so cute! Mine would want to do the same! ;)

Shannon McGann said...

OMGoodness! I just bought some glass ornaments too so I could try this! I love what you did with them - they look fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration!

My Paper World said...

They look great!

Corie said...

WOW these are FANTASTIC!!

Angie Tieman said...

YOu did a super job on these!! I love them! I don't know how many of these I tried last year and never could succeed...something always went wrong! Maybe I will be brave and try again...

Tina said...

Very cute project.

DannieGrvs said...

I love Colin's ornament. That is definitely a keepsake. I love how you added the year to his artwork. I need to do this with my kids.