November 15, 2007

Labor of Love


I am so excited about this project even though it is not even close to being finished yet. However, since it has taken up a good deal of my stamping time I thought I'd share. All of the directions are on Splitcoaststampers in a tutorial written by Beate.

So far I have used a 16 X 20 blank canvas from Michael's. Make sure you have a coupon because I didn't realize that they are not cheap. My designer series paper squares are Wintergreen paper and are matted on Always Artichoke. The header is made from a piece of Wintergreen designer series paper and the flowers are just two of the 5 petal punches with a jumbo eyelet and a large Ice Rhinestone brad in the center. I stamped my letters on Whisper White cardstock in Chocolate Chip craft ink and embossed with crystal clear embossing powder. The squares are held on with sticky strip, the flowers with dimensionals and the letters have been taped up with my ATG gun for some extra staying power. I used 5/8" Certainly Celery ribbon for the hanger and reinforced my sides by stapling it on with my big industrial stapling gun.

Today I am going to start on the little tins, but the numbers will have to wait until my Big Deal numbers arrive. I found the tins at Michael's as well in the wedding section. I didn't expect them to come in a nice big container so I walked right past them a couple of times.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us, so if I'm MIA for a day you will know why. Tonight is our Dinners by Design night. I love not having to cook dinner. Tomorrow we have to go to Costco to get all of the food for Evan's party and on Sunday my baby will be 2 years old!

8 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Love your color combo and papers you used.

Wife2TJ said...

This is so cute. I want to try to make one of these for my little brother.

Tina said...

Very nice, can't wait to see it completed!

Lauren (mytime) said...

I think it looks great!!!!!!!

Shannon McGann said...

Jenn, this looks fantastic! I can't wait to see it when it's finished! Have fun this weekend!

corinnesomerville said...

Wow..great job, Jenn !!! I'm like you too..I fell in love with this project the second I saw it and had to order the Big Deal Numbers ASAP !! Mine will arrive next week :) Great job...you should be very proud of this !!

Corinne (aka Roxy)

Christi said...

I love the paper that you used! Great job!!

Angie Tieman said...

This is looking great! I can't wait to see the finished product!