November 5, 2007

Horizontal Pocket Card

Today's Try a New Technique Challenge was to make a Horizontal Pocket Card, and you can find directions here. To make mine horizontal instead of vertical, I scored my 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 piece of cardstock at 4 1/4" and at 1 1/4". I rounded all of my corners with my 3/16" corner rounder and then took the guard off to make my scallop border. The front has a piece of diagonally striped Dashing designer series paper and is tied with a 5/8" Real Red grosgrain ribbon. I sponged the edges with Old Olive ink and stamped my pine needles in Old Olive just on the flap of the card.

I didn't want to over power the design of the card so I tried to keep in nice and simple. The insert slides into the pocket on the card. To make the insert I rounded the corners and then sponged them with Old Olive ink. I added a round tab punch of River Rock cardstock, a piece of Dashing designer series paper and a Vintage brad. I stamped my imaged in Old Olive and Real Red ink. I love the simplicity of this design. Sometimes simpler is better.

Look for some 50,000 hits blog candy later today! I am so excited that I have had so many hits over the last few month. And to celebrate I will share some of my goodies with you.

Jenn

3 comments:

Allison said...

This looks terrific!

Flossie's Follies said...

This is great, love the DP.

Heather P. said...

Oh, this is SO pretty!