November 8, 2007

Cherish

When I saw yesterday's sketch challenge the first set that came to mind was Carte Postal. I searched and searched, and finally came to the conclusion that I gave the stamp set back to my mom and sister. I then thought it might be neat to actually use my Build-a-Brads that I purchased recently and figured they'd fit perfectly in the center of the diamonds.

My card base is Blue Bayou and layered on top of that is a piece of designer paper from Baroque Backgrounds. I used my ticket corner punch on all four corners. From there I worked on my diamond pieces. I stamped the flourish from Baroque Motifs in Soft Sky after stamping off once. I sponged the edges of the Whisper White diamond layer with Blue Bayou ink and then layered it on the Blue Bayou mats. They still looked a little bare so I used Basic Gray ink and the argyle stamp from All in a Row on all of the edges.

To stamp my main image panel I stamped the flourish again in the same fashion as the diamonds. I then stamped cherish in Soft Sky ink using my stamp-a-ma-jig to get the placement the way I wanted it. I then stamped it just once in Blue Bayou in the center of the rectangle layer. To finish it off I stamped the smallest flower in Purely Pomegranate after stamping it off two times so that it is nice and muted. I added the All in a Row Border and then the Groovy Guava ribbon from the Sherbet Ribbon Originals. I stapled the ribbon on in loops.

My horizontal piece was sponged in Blue Bayou ink and after I had placed my images the way I liked them I thought it would be neat to have a row of paper piercing that was centered between the diamonds.

Today is another busy busy day. I have a Vendor Fair on Saturday and I am rushing to finish up my bags of Christmas Tags and get everything else back together. I have two more over the next few weeks as well. Since this is my first year doing this I had no idea how much I needed to prepare. Evan has playgroup at the YMCA and Colin has Music class this evening. If I could only figure out how to get a few more hours crammed into my stamping time I'd be very very happy.

Jenn

Please remember I am going to use Random.org to chose my 50k Blog Candy Winner as well as my Anniversary Sketch Challenge winner today at noon. You still have 4 hours to enter both of these for your chance to win.


Stamps: Baroque Motifs, All in a Row
Paper: Blue Bayou, Baroque Backgrounds dsp, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Soft Sky
Ink: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Purely Pomegranate, Basic Gray
Accessories: Build a Brad, 1" hole punch, crafter's tool kit, 1/16" hole punch, sponge, staples, Ribbon Originals Sherbet, ticket corner punch

5 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

this card is so pretty, love those brads in the center of the diamonds.

Meredith said...

Beautiful Card!

SpAzzGiRL said...

beautiful!
Good luck at the fairs!

Tina said...

Very, very pretty card!

Kim said...

Very nice. I love the brads!