November 2, 2007

Autumn Leaves

Even though it feels like we went directly from Summer to Winter here in Illinois I am still enjoying making Autumn themed cards. This was made using this week's Sketch Challenge on SCS. This sketch went perfectly with the idea I got from the Fall-Winter Collection 2007 for this set. I have been wanting to stamp the leaves in fall colors and then punch them out with my 1 3/8" square punch. I thought it was a neat effect and this sketch was the perfect opportunity to try it out. It all came together really quickly.


I simply stamped my acorns across the bottom of my card and rotated the stamp each time I stamped to get a random pattern. I then layered my Really Rust layer and my designer series paper. After I added my leaves I thought the card still needed a little something so I added a brad on which I wrapped Linen thread around. I stamped my acorns in Creamy Carmel and Chocolate chip before cutting them out. I sponged the edges with chocolate chip and I think they almost look real. I then curled the acorns slightly with my bone folder to give them a bit more dimension and then popped them up on dimensionals. I think the dangling acorns are my favorite part of this card.

Jenn


Stamps: Autumn Fest
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Really Rust, Outlaw dsp, Chocolate chip, Very vanill
Ink: really rust, old olive, creamy caramel, chocolate chip, close to cocoa
Accessories: 1 3/8" square punch, vintage brad, 1/16" hole punch, linen thread, dimensionals

5 comments:

Tina said...

Very, very pretty card. I love the colors.

Amy said...

Love it!

My Paper World said...

Great card, I love the acorns!

Angie Tieman said...

Awesome card!! Love all the stuff you mixed together, and those little acorns dangling, sooo cute!

Heather P. said...

This is SO pretty!