November 14, 2007

All Wound Up

That is what I literally was yesterday making this card. I took a stab, pun intended, at Japanese Stab Binding for the Try a New Technique Challenge yesterday. I started with a 5 1/4 X 10 1/2 piece of Pretty in Pink textured cardstock. I scored it at 5 1/4" and then scored it at 4 1/4" to leave room for the "spine" of the card. If you are interested in learning more about this technique you can check it out here.



Most of my paper on this card is from the Winter Bright Simply Scrappin' Kit except for the Bashful Blue and Whisper White layers. I used the two new C.C. Designs sets, Lulu's Sweet Delights and Lucky's Christmas Wish. Both of them can be found at All That Scraps.



After I finished the front of my card I started on the stab binding. I used some Martha Stewart ribbon that was sent to me as a present. It was the only ribbon I had that would be narrow enough to use with the 1/8" holes. I started in the center hole with my binding, worked toward the bottom and then backtracked to do the top holes. While the ribbon looks nice on it now, it would twist and turn a bunch, so I was all wound up in it. However, I think this is a very cool effect!



Does the layout look familiar? Once again it is Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge, but with an oval instead of a circle.




Stamps: Lucky's Christmas Wish, Lulu's Sweet Delights by C.C.Designs
Paper: Winter Bright Simply Scrappin' Kit, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: 2 Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds, AquaPainter, coluzzle, 3/16" corner rounder, dimensionals, Martha Stewart Ribbon, 1/8" hole punch
Techniques: Japanese Binding

7 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a wonderful technique, this is a great card, he is so cute and comes bearing gifts.

Tina said...

So pretty. I really like that image.

Christi said...

What a cute card! You did awesome on the technique and the sketch!

Shannon McGann said...

This is adorable! I love what you did with the sketch - too cute!

My Paper World said...

Very cute! and the binding looks great!

Michelle said...

This is so cute! Great card.

Heather P. said...

Aww, this is so cute! Love that ribbon!!