October 10, 2007

With a Little Help From My Friends

My little 4 year old friend that is. We were playing downstairs, Colin and Evan seemed to have occupied themselves so I decided to sneak in a few moments for stamping. In the meantime Evan fell asleep on the couch and looked too comfortable to be moved, so I told Colin I was going to go upstairs and grab the camera. In the 30 seconds it took me to run upstairs and grab the camera Colin so nicely helped to move the colors around a bit on my card. He put a nice dollop of water onto the colored panel and then used his fingers to help me paint. "But I like to do Stampin' Up! too Mommy!". LOL!



Besides my redone coloring job I am happy with this card. Of course now I have to hold onto it and most likely incorporate it into a scrapbook page for him. I used watercolor paper, Timber Brown stazon and Earth Elements Watercolor Wonder Crayons for this card. It went together very easily and was fun to color in.



I don't know about you, but I find it very difficult to photograph cards with a transparency base. I tend to get glare from any natural and artificial light. I will figure out the secret to this in time. I hope.




Stamps: Thoroughly Thankful, All in a Row
Paper: Watercolor paper, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Apple Cider dsp, Whisper White
Ink: White Stazon, Timber Brown Stazon, Earth Elements WWC,
Accessories: Transparancy, AquaPainter, 5/8" chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, vintage brad, mini glue dots

6 comments:

Shel9999 said...

Too cute that you had a little helper! :) It's still pretty!!

Flossie's Follies said...

LOL, kids are fast, this is a great image and it will be a fun addition to one of his scrapbook pages.

Christi said...

Very cute! I think the picture turned out great and I loved your story about your little helper. :)

Sharon said...

You can never turn your back on the kids! This card is really pretty. It's a perfect fall card.

Tracie said...

Your son sounds like my three-year old daughter. To keep the peace in my house when I'm stamping, I've given her a retired stamp set and a kid's ink pad to create (read play) with. She tells everybody that she does Stampin Up!

Heather P. said...

What a fabulous card! How sweet is Colin to "help" mommy?! :)