October 8, 2007

Two Words

Shrinky Dink! That was my first thought when I saw this ghost from C.C. Designs. I thought he'd be adorable as a little charm hanging from the front of a treat bag or dangling from a piece of ribbon on a card front. Plus playing with Shrinky Dink is just fun. To make the dangle I just stamped him on Shrinky Dink in JetBlack Stazon, cut it out, punched a hole to string some thread through and baked him according to the package directions.



I then made the bag by following the instructions for the 2 - 5 - 7 - 10 box on Splitcoaststampers, but I cut the top of the box off instead of leaving the flap on. I then took my Round Tab punch, used it to make a circle and added a glitter window. The sentiment is from C.C. Designs Halloween sayings and says Pumpkin Wishes and Candy Dreams. I think I added a bit too much glitter, but kids will have a blast shaking it around to see the sentiment.



To keep the glitter in the window I used a transparency sheet and some 3M foam tape. The sentiment is taped to the back and holds everything in place.

The designer series paper is from SEI and is from the Smarty line. It can also be found at All That Scraps. I added a strip along the bottom of my box before adding the C.C. Designs pumpkins called Fred Jack O Lantern and Bob Jack O Lantern. I colored them in with my AquaPainter and classic inks in Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa and Summer Sun. I then cut them out and adhered them to the front of the box.

Lastly I added some May Arts ribbon and it is just gorgeous. I thought it went so well with the SEI Smarty Paper. It just carries the whole theme of Dots to the next level.

10 comments:

Tracy said...

This is sooo cute. What a great idea to use shrinky dink. Never used it in my life. Where do you find it these days?

My Paper World said...

Very, very cute! Love this so much!

Christi said...

This is adorable!!

Flossie's Follies said...

This is adorable, love the paper and the pumpkins and of course your little shrinky dink ghost.

Angie Tieman said...

That is the cutest project ever!

Lovetostamp6 said...

Jenn this box is so cute. Love the little ghost too, Jennifer :)

Heather P. said...

I love shrinky dink... That stuff is SO fun and it always creates the cutest little teeny images.

Love the box you created... It's awesome! :)

Heather Phillips said...

This is absolutely adorable! and I love the ghost charm. I just pulled my shrinky dink package out the other day because I want to make a stamped charm bracelet. now to figure out which stamps to use... :)

Shel9999 said...

Super cute box! I love the idea of a window shaker (and I never thought to do that with the round tab punch...interesting!) :)

Carol said...

Great box! I love that shrinky dink ghost.