October 5, 2007

Tres Chocolate and Blog Candy for a Cause

I absolutely love these colors together. Blue Bayou, River Rock and Chocolate Chip work so well together. I think I am going to use this combination of colors a lot. Of course my favorite color has always been blue. Colin is confused by this because his favorite color changes on a daily basis. Tuesday it was blue, yesterday orange, today it is black. He always asks me what my favorite color is and when I say blue, he says "But you said that yesterday." I guess I am set in my ways. Tomorrow maybe I'll tell him Blue Bayou and see if makes him think a bit.





This is a very simple sketch and I actually took a basic sketch from the Stampin' Up! Fall-Winter Collection 2007, on page 109, and changed it up to fit my needs. The original card has a base, two layers of cardstock, a smaller tag, HodgePodge Hardware, paper piercing and no ribbon. Of course I had to beef up my layers, add some background stamping and ribbon to round it out. I think it is a very nice and neat sketch and after all of the distressing and sponging I am doing lately it is a nice change, in my opinion at least.





I am sending this card out to the Dunn Family. They were blessed with identical twin girls only to find out that they both are diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a form of cancer, that is in stage 4S. Andrea, is collecting cards for this family and is giving away Blog Candy for this cause. You can find all of the information by clicking HERE. Cards need to be mailed by October 15th.





Jenn






Stamps: Tres Chic, Stem Silhouettes, So Many Sayings
Paper: Blue Bayou, River Rock, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark, River Rock
Accessories: Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon, white ep, heat gun, HPH, Natural Hemp Twine, Word Window punch, crafter's tool kit

12 comments:

Michelle said...

I love this colour combo! what a great card!

Mistylynn said...

Ooooh, love the sentiment. Simple and beautiful. Great card.
Misty

Allison said...

Lovely job...great background!

Flossie's Follies said...

What a beautiful card, those color combos are great together.

Crafty in Calgary said...

What a gorgeous color- this is a fabulous color combo!

Amy said...

Gorgeous card and a great RAK! I'm going to have to try the blue base. TFS!

Angie Tieman said...

Beautiful card! Love those colors together. Blue has always been my favorite color too. I know the card will mean a lot to the family.

Joan B said...

I love the layout of this card and the details make it special. It is kind of you to send it to the twins' parents. How sad.

Becky said...

This is a beautiful card, both in color and layout. TFS!

Crafty Engineer said...

Jenn,

Awesome job on the card...the colors are beautiful together! Thank you so much for supporting my RAK request for the Dunn Family!!

Andrea (craftyengineering)

Heather P. said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Carol said...

What a beautiful card for a great cause! I love this color combo too, and really like the Tres Chic background, tag sentiment, and paper piercing.